Terms and Conditions for Service Use for Builford
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is with respect to the use of the Internet related services (hereinafter referred to as “Services”) provided by the cyber shopping mall www.builford.com (hereinafter referred to as “Mall”) operated by WKS Global (hereinafter referred to as “Company”), to set forth the rights, obligations, and duties between the Company and users.
Article 2 (Definitions)
Article 3 (Posting and Modification of Terms and Conditions)
Article 4 (Applicable Rules Other Than These Terms and Conditions)
Any matter that is not provided in these Terms and Conditions or any interpretation of this agreement shall follow the Act Relating to Consumer Protection in Electronic Commercial Transactions, the Act Relating to Regulation of Contractual Terms and Conditions, the Guidelines for Consumer Protection in Electronic Commercial Transactions set forth by the Korea Fair Trade Commission, and relevant laws or commercial practices.
Article 5 (Provisions and Changes of Services)
1. To provide information on goods or services and enter into purchase agreements;
2. To ship the goods or services for which a purchase agreement is entered into; and
3. To provide any other services set forth by the Company.
Article 6 (Suspension of Services)
Article 7 (Membership Subscription)
1. In the event that a subscription applicant has ever lost his or her prior membership qualifications under Article 7 Section ③ of these Terms and Conditions (provided, however, that exceptions shall be made where three (3) years has lapsed after a user has lost his or her membership qualifications under Article 7 Section ③ and the user has obtained approval of re-subscription from the Company.);
2. In the event that there are false information, omitted information, or mistaken entries in the registered matters; or
3. In the event that a user’s membership registration is found to seriously affect the Company’s technologies.
Article 8 (Withdrawal from Membership and Disqualifications, etc.)
1. In the event that a Member has registered false information at the time of applying for membership;
2. In the event that a Member has not paid amounts for goods, etc. purchased by use of the Services, or any other liabilities payable by the Member with respect to use of the Services;
3. In the event that a Member threatens the order of electronic commercial transactions by obstructing third parties’ uses of the Services or misappropriating the information; or
4. In the event that a Member engages in activities that are prohibited under the laws or these Terms and Conditions, or are against the public orders and good morals by using the Services; or
Article 9 (Notifications for Members)
Article 10 (Application for Purchase)
Article 11 (Formation of Agreement)
1. In the event that the registrations have false, omitted, or mistaken information;
2. In the event that a minor purchases goods or services prohibited under the Juvenile Protection Act, such as cigarettes, alcohols; or
3. In the event that the Company’s acceptance of a purchase order is found to seriously affect the Company’s technologies.
Article 12 (Payment Method)
The payment methods for the goods or services purchased through the Services shall be as described in each of the following items. The Company shall not add to the amounts for services, etc. and request fees in whatever names according to the payment methods.
1. Various account transfers including phone banking, the Internet banking, mail banking;
2. Various payments by cards including prepaid cards, debit cards, credit cards;
3. Online no pass book deposits;
4. Payments by electronic currencies;
5. Payments upon receipt thereof;
6. Payments with points given by the Company, including mileages;
7. Payments with gift certificates for which the Company has entered an agreement, or with those found acceptable by the Company; and
8. Payments in any other electronic payment method.
Article 13 (Notification of Receipt Confirmation, Change or Cancellation of Application for Purchase)
① In the event that a user applies for purchase, the Company shall give the user a notification of receipt confirmation.
② In the event that there is a discrepancy of the manifestation of intent, etc., immediately after a user has received a notification of receipt confirmation, the user may request a change or cancellation of the purchase application. In the event that there is a request by a user before shipping of the goods, etc., the Company shall without delay handle the request; provided, however, that where the user has previously made payments, the rule for withdrawal of offer in Article 16 shall apply.
Article 14 (Provisions of Goods, etc.)
① The Company shall manufacture, pack, the ordered goods, etc. or take any other necessary measures to ensure that the goods, etc. can be shipped within seven (7) days from the date when a user has given his or her offer unless there is a separate agreement otherwise between the Company and the user as to the time for supply of the goods, etc. In this case, the Company shall take appropriate measures to ensure that the user can verify the supply procedures for the goods, etc. and the progresses.
② The Company shall specify the shipping means, payers of shipping costs by means, the shipping period by means, etc. with respect to the goods purchased by users. In the event that the Company has exceeded the agreed shipping period, it shall compensate for damages incurred to users as a result; provided, however, that it shall not be the case where the absence of willfulness or negligence of the Company is proven.
Article 15 (Refund)
In the event that the Company is unable to provide the goods, etc. requested by a user for purchase because the goods, etc. are sold out, it shall without delay notify the user of the reasons. In the event that the Company has received payments for the goods, etc., it shall refund the payments or take measures for refund within two (2) days from the date when it has previously received the payments.
Article 16 (Withdrawal of Offers, etc.)
1. In the event that the goods, etc. has been lost or damaged because of the reasons attributable to the user (provided, however, that the user may withdraw his or her offer where the packing, etc. has been damaged to verify the content of the goods, etc.);
2. In the event that the value of the goods, etc. has seriously decreased because of the use or partial consumption by the user;
3. In the event that the value of the goods, etc. has seriously decreased to the extent that it is difficult to resell the goods, etc. because of the lapse of time; or
4. In the event that where the goods, etc. may be duplicated with goods, etc. of the same functionality, the packing of the original goods, etc. has been damaged.
Article 17 (Consequences of Withdrawal of Offer, etc.)
① In the event that a user has returned the goods, etc. to the Company, the Company shall refund the payments for the goods, etc. previously provided within three (3) business days. In this case, when the Company has delayed in refunding to the user payments for the goods, etc., it shall pay an interest for delay calculated by multiplying the period of delay by the interest rate for delay prescribed and publicly announced by the Korea Fair Trade Commission.
② In the event that a user has made payments for the goods, etc. by payment means of credit cards or electronic currencies, when the Company refunds the payments, it shall without delay request an enterpriser who has provided the payment means to suspend or cancel the request of payments for the goods, etc.
③ In case of withdrawal of offer, etc., costs required to return the goods, etc. provided shall be borne by users. The Company shall not request users of penalties for violations or compensation for damages because of their withdrawal of offer, etc.; provided, however, that where a user withdraws his or her offer as the content of the goods, etc. is different from the labeled or advertised content or has been performed differently from the agreements, costs required to return the goods, etc. shall be borne by the Company.
④ In the event that a user has paid shipping costs when the user has received the goods, etc., the Company shall clearly specify who should pay the costs in a way easily understandable by users at the time of the user’s withdrawal of offer.
Article 18 (Protection of Personal Information)
4. E-mail addresses
6. Mobile phone numbers
7. Telephone numbers
8. IP Addresses
9. Payment records.
2. In the event that the Company provides information in a way that specific individuals cannot be identified, as required to prepare statistics, do academic research works, or investigate markets;
3. In the event that it is necessary to make payments for transactions of goods, etc.;
4. In the event that it is necessary to identify oneself to prevent information from being misappropriated; or
5. In the event that there is an unavoidable reason required under the provisions of laws or the laws.
Article 19 (Duties of Company)
① The Company shall not engage in any activity that is prohibited under the laws or these Terms and Conditions or against the public orders and good morals, and shall use its best efforts to provide the goods or services continuously and securely as set forth under these Terms and Conditions.
② The Company shall have a security system for personal information protection for users (including credit information) to ensure that users can safely use the Services.
③ In the event that the Company has caused damages to users by its engaging in unreasonable labeling or advertising activities prescribed in Article 3 of the Fair Labeling and Advertisement Act with respect to its goods or services, it shall compensate for the damages.
④ The Company shall not send advertising e-mails for profitable purposes unwanted by users.
Article 20 (Duties of Members for IDs and Passwords)
① Members shall have the obligation to have third IDs and passwords under control except for the case of Article 18.
② Members shall not cause a third party to use their own IDs or passwords.
③ In the event that a Member has been aware that his or her ID or password has been stolen or is being used by a third party, the Member shall forthwith notify the Company thereof, and follow the directions of the Company, if any.
Article 21 (Duties of Users) Users shall not engage in the following activities:
1. To register false information at the time of applying for or changing the content of membership;
2. To misappropriate third parties’ information;
3. To change information posted in the Services;
4. To transmit or post information other than the information set forth by the Services (including computer software);
5. To infringe upon intellectual properties, including the Services, any other third party’s copyrights;
6. To undermine the reputation of or obstruct businesses of the Services or third parties; or
7. To disclose or post on the Services obscene or violent messages, videos, voices, and any other information that is against the public orders and good morals.
Article 22 (The Relationship between Connecting “Mall” and Connected “Mall”)
① In the event that the upper “Mall” and the lower “Mall” are connected by hyperlink, etc. (e.g., the subject for hyperlinks shall include letters, photos, or video pictures), the former shall be referred to as the connecting “Mall” (Website) whereas the latter shall be referred to as the connected “Mall” (Website).
② Where the fact that the Company shall not be responsible for providing guarantees for transactions made with users by the goods or services independently provided by the connecting “Mall” and the connected “Mall,” is specified on the start-up screen of the connecting “Mall” or the pop-up screen at the time of being connected, it shall not be responsible for providing guarantees for the transactions.
Article 23 (Reversion of Copyrights, Use Restrictions)
① The copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the works prepared by the Company shall revert to the Company.
② Without the prior permission of the Company, users shall not duplicate, transmit, publish, distribute, broadcast, use by other means for profitable purposes, or cause a third party to use any information acquired in using the Services..
③ In the event that the Company uses any copyright reverted to a user under these Terms and Conditions, it shall notify the user thereof.
Article 24 (Dispute Resolution)
① The Company shall establish and operate a damages compensation department to ensure that it reflects reasonable opinions or complaints raised by users and compensate for the damages.
② The Company shall first handle complaints or opinions given by a user; provided, however, that where it is difficult to handle them promptly, the Company shall forthwith notify the user of the reasons and action schedules.
③ In the event that a user files an application for remedy of damages with respect to electronic commercial transaction disputes incurred between the Company and the user, the Company may be subject to settlements rendered by the Korea Fair Trade Commission or a dispute settlement authority requested by governors of cities or provinces.
Article 25 (Jurisdiction and Governing Laws)
① Any lawsuit relating to electronic commercial transactions incurred between the Company and users shall be brought to a competent court of jurisdiction under the Civil Procedural Code.
② Any lawsuit for electronic commercial transactions brought between the Company and users shall be governed by the Korean laws.
These Terms and Conditions shall be applicable from 2005.5